Wednesday 27 November 2013

Open Day 23 November 2013


It was a long time wish from me to organize an Open Day on the farm. And finally I came around to it last Saturday. For this first of I hope many such days, I invited the regular customers to come to the gardens of La Tierra Verde and have a look at what I am doing.

When going to the field in the morning, for the final preparations, it was still freezing a few degrees. The garden looked like a winter landscape from the Netherlands instead of an olive grove in Spain! It was beautiful, but very cold.





At 10:30am the first guests started to arrive. To warm up a bit there was coffee and tea.








When more people had arrived I gave a tour around the plots and the chickens, ending with some information on organic farming and the inputs that I am using.














After the information there was a drink and a snack. By now the temperature had risen and it was quite nice to be outside. Before the people left they could harvest the vegetables they wanted straight from the field. There was quite a selection to choose from: Broccoli, savoy cabbage, red cabbage, lettuce, spring onion, beans, spinach and fresh herbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment